Here's the skinny on all the stuff you'll need to bring for Winter Retreat 2017:
I'm quite confident you don't need me to spell out all the specifics. Here are some general things to keep in mind.
- For both guys and girls, we're asking for modesty to be your guiding principle. Please bring and wear attire that reflects your status as a son or daughter of the Most High King.
- It's a Winter Retreat. The weather here has been amazing for a while, but the Midwest's weather patterns are unpredictable. I'd suggest you're prepared, in case the temperature does drop.
- The weather forecast in Springfield (at the moment) is looking pretty dry for this weekend.
- Wear clothes that you can be active in. There will be lots of games, fun, running around, and so on. Be prepared for that.
- Footwear is important, too. Make sure you bring a pair of tennis shoes.
Almost everything is paid for in your registration price. However, you'll need just a bit of money for a couple things.
- Two meals (dinner on the way there, and lunch on the way back)
- If you want snacks while we're at SkyZone or the Ice Rink, that's on you
- There may be a Jr. Blues hockey game at the ice rink at the same time as us. If you want to watch, the ticket price is $12
- Bible (I bet you saw that one coming)
- Pen/pencil and notebook
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, etc.)
- Bedding. You can bring either a set of twin-sized sheets or a sleeping bag.
- Bug spray
- Water Bottle to use throughout the weekend
Note: We are not putting a ban on cell phones for this trip. We recognize that a mobile device is an important piece of most student's lives. However, it is the student's sole responsibility to use their technology appropriately and to refrain from using it when necessary. Students found to be using their device in a distracting manner to themselves or others will have their cell phones confiscated by one of our adult leaders.